IFS for EMDR Therapists - 3.0 CE
An Introduction to IFS with EMDR in Mind
This 3 hour course is designed to introduce EMDR therapists to the Internal Family Systems (IFS) model. IFS is rapidly transforming the practices of many psychotherapists, including EMDR therapists, due to its universality, elegance, effectiveness, and intuitively natural appeal. It is an ego state model that applies to both the client and the therapist, and relies upon the organic development of a healing process through eliciting the healing energy of everyone's inner Self. It normalizes the formation of a protective system of inner parts which self-organize into Protectors (defenses) and Exiles (trauma parts).
This course, in Powerpoint lectures, will point out some of the major concerns about the use of EMDR with complex clients, the need to supplement EMDR with an Ego State model, discuss the unique advantages of IFS as an Ego State model, thoroughly describe the essential concepts of the model, and introduce its use in all eight phases of the EMDR Standard Protocol.
The workshop will demonstrate the organic process of IFS through ample session video clips, as well as how this approach can be infused into the 8 phases of EMDR. This will prepare learners for further elaboration of the integration of IFS and EMDR in the 6 hour EMDRIFS.com course; IFS-Informed EMDR: The Internal Family Systems Interweave.
- Presents EMDR concerns that call for coupling with an Ego State model.
- Describes the unique advantages of IFS as an Ego State model.
- Explains all the basic concepts and demonstrates the process of IFS therapy.
- Discusses similarities and differences between EMDR & IFS.
- Discusses and demonstrates the use of IFS in all 8 phases of EMDR.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Name two unique features of IFS as an Ego State Therapy.
- Name and describe three types of parts.
- Explain the purpose of the "How do you feel toward the part?" question.
- Define the concept of Burdens.
- Explain the processes of Retrieval and Unburdening.
Bruce Hersey, LCSW, is an Approved Consultant in EMDR and also a Certified IFS Therapist & Consultant.
Having completed IFS Levels I, II & III Training, and as a repeat Level One Program Assistant, he has passionately imparted his deep understanding of the model by teaching numerous introductory IFS workshops, leading IFS consultation groups, and providing individual IFS consultation.
He has presented at the IFS International Conference several times, and has been teaching workshops on the integration of EMDR & IFS since 2013.
Additionally, Bruce has extensive experience in Clinical Hypnosis & Sex Therapy.
Contact Bruce for online consultation (zoom video) on the integration of EMDR and IFS, or toward certification in EMDR or IFS at $150 for a 45 minute session.
Continuing Education Information
Approved for 3.0 CE distance education through EMDRIA (EC provider #17025), and CE-Classes for social workers and counselors as below.
- This course is NOT available for APA credit
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- This training does NOT offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content. CE-Classes.com is approved by:
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 02-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201
- New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
- Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of
- continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
Accommodations for the Differently Abled
This workshop is held in a facility and/or delivered in a manner that is in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act. Please contact [email protected] if special accommodation is required.
Taxes may be automatically applied during checkout:
European Union Value Added Tax: (VAT) is charged on purchases made by consumers in the EU. VAT applies to any merchant selling a product or service (including digital products like an online course) to a consumer based in Europe. In general, the location of the merchant doesn't matter—it is the location of the consumer that determines whether or not VAT should be applied.
U.S. State Sales Tax: Teachable will automatically calculate, collect and remit U.S. (state) sales tax on the sales of emdrifs.com courses to the relevant state authorities, where applicable. This includes Pennsylvania, where emdrifs.com is based.