Save $$ - Purchase a course bundle. See below.
This 3 hour course is designed to introduce EMDR therapists to the Internal Family Systems (IFS) model. IFS is rapidly transforming the practices of many psychotherapists, including EMDR therapists, due to its universality, elegance, effectiveness, and intuitively natural appeal. It is an ego state model that applies to both the client and the therapist, and relies upon the organic development of a healing process through eliciting the healing energy of everyone's inner Self. It normalizes the formation of a protective system of inner parts which self-organize into Protectors (defenses) and Exiles (trauma parts).
This course, in Powerpoint lectures, will point out some of the major concerns about the use of EMDR with complex clients, the need to supplement EMDR with an Ego State model,discuss the unique advantages of IFS as an Ego State model, thoroughly describe the essential concepts of the model, and introduce its use in all eight phases of the EMDR Standard Protocol.
The workshop will demonstrate the organic process of IFS through ample session video clips, as well as how this approach can be infused into the 8 phases of EMDR. This will prepare learners for further elaboration of the integration of IFS and EMDR in the 6 hour EMDRIFS.com course; IFS-Informed EMDR: The Internal Family Systems Interweave.
- Presents EMDR concerns that call for coupling with an Ego State model.
- Describes the unique advantages of IFS as an Ego State model.
- Explains all the basic concepts and demonstrates the process of IFS therapy.
- Discusses similarities and differences between EMDR & IFS.
- Discusses and demonstrates the use of IFS in all 8 phases of EMDR.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Name two unique features of IFS as an Ego State Therapy.
- Name and describe three types of parts.
- Explain the purpose of the "How do you feel toward the part?" question.
- Define the concept of Burdens.
- Describe the process of Retrieval.
- Describe the process of Unburdening.
Bruce Hersey, LCSW, is an Approved Consultant in EMDR and also a Certified IFS Therapist & Consultant.
Having completed IFS Levels I, II & III Training, and as a repeat Level One Program Assistant, he has passionately imparted his deep understanding of the model by teaching numerous introductory IFS workshops, leading IFS consultation groups, and providing individual IFS consultation.
He has presented at the IFS International Conference several times, and has been teaching workshops on the integration of EMDR & IFS since 2013.
Additionally, Bruce has extensive experience in Clinical Hypnosis & Sex Therapy.
Contact Bruce for online consultation (zoom video) on the integration of EMDR and IFS, or toward certification in EMDR or IFS at $150 for a 45 minute session.
Continuing Education Information
- EMDRIA: (EC provider #17025): Bruce Hersey (emdrifs.com) is an approved EMDRIA training provider and this workshop is approved for 3.0 EMDRIA CE.
- IFS-Institute: this workshop is approved for 3.0 IFS Institute recertification credits.
- NEAFAST: this workshop is approved for 3.0 LMFT CE’s in the state of Massachusetts by NEAFAST.
- NY SW Board: this workshop is approved for 3.0 CE’s for New York Social Workers
- ASWB ACE: IFS for EMDR Therapists, Course #4693, is approved by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program to be offered by Bruce Hersey (emdrifs.com), as an individual course. Regulatory boards are the final authority on courses accepted for continuing education credit. ACE course approval period: 09/09/2022 - 09/09/2024. Social workers completing this course receive 3 Clinical continuing education credits.
This course was created on 9/27/2019 for mental health professionals who are trained in EMDR and interested in learning IFS as a way to deliver EMDR to their clients more safely and effectively.
Attendees must complete the entire course, post test and evaluation to receive credit.
A score of 75% or better is required to pass and gain access to your completion certificate. You may retake the test once, after which you must contact the administrator for further guidance.
Accommodations for the Differently Abled
This workshop is held in a facility and/or delivered in a manner that is in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act. Please contact [email protected] if special accommodation is required.
Once you have registered and paid for this course you have six months to complete it. After six months, a monthly extension subscription may be purchased. Cancellations or extensions may be requested if there are extenuating circumstances disabling the student from taking the course for the entire six months. Requests may be initiated by emailing [email protected] or calling 814-944-3852.
All grievances must be in writing to [email protected], and will be replied to within 5 - 10 business days.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts when you register, and you have have six months to complete it.
How long do I have access to the course?
You will also have access to this course for the same six months, starting on your enrollment date, even after completion. After six months you can purchase a monthly extension subscription if you wish.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
You are expected to have completed EMDR basic training.
How do I contact the school owner?
The owner/operator of emdrifs.com can be reached by email at [email protected] or -1-814-944-3852.
Taxes may be automatically applied during checkout:
European Union Value Added Tax: (VAT) is charged on purchases made by consumers in the EU. VAT applies to any merchant selling a product or service (including digital products like an online course) to a consumer based in Europe. In general, the location of the merchant doesn't matter—it is the location of the consumer that determines whether or not VAT should be applied.
U.S. State Sales Tax: Teachable will automatically calculate, collect and remit U.S. (state) sales tax on the sales of emdrifs.com courses to the relevant state authorities, where applicable. This includes Pennsylvania, where emdrifs.com is based.
Save $$ with our course bundles.
Earn more CE credits, learn more, and save money.
The IFS-Informed EMDR bundle includes IFS for EMDR Therapists, IFS-Informed EMDR, & Discovery.
The FOUR COURSE bundle includes all those plus The Coherent Self & System.