Implicit IFS - 3 CE
Indirect & Subtle Ways to Bring IFS to Your Client
Planned workshop, not yet published.
This workshop provides the IFS practitioner with the tools and skills to lead clients into experiencing IFS without becoming entangled in philosophical arm-wrestling, relying on 'parts language,' or convincing them with conceptual gobbledygook (commonly known as psychobabble).
No more front-loading of the model and trying to force square pegs into round holes. The IFS model and concepts can be back-filled following specific experiences you facilitate for the client. Once the client has the experience, you can name it and provide the conceptual piece. This cultivates credibility in the therapist and the IFS model, enabling increased trust and positive risk-taking in the therapeutic environment.
By the end of the training participants will:
- Learn at least one way to shift a client's attention to their internal experience.
- Learn at least 3 dimensions of internal experience and their constituent elements.
- Understand the technique of back-filling IFS concepts after leading the client to experience them.
Bruce Hersey, LCSW, is an Approved Consultant in EMDR and also a Certified IFS Therapist.
Having completed IFS Levels I, II & III Training, and as a repeat Level One Program Assistant, he has passionately imparted his deep understanding of the model by teaching numerous introductory IFS workshops, leading IFS consultation groups, and providing individual IFS consultation.
He has presented at the IFS International Conference several times, and has been teaching workshops on the integration of EMDR & IFS since 2013.
Additionally, Bruce is also an Approved Consultant in Clinical Hypnosis through ASCH and a Certified Sex Therapist Supervisor through AASECT.
Contact Bruce for online consultation (zoom video) on the integration of EMDR and IFS, or toward certification in EMDR, IFS, Clinical Hypnosis, and Sex Therapy at $150 for a 45 minute session.
1:45 PM - 2:15 PM: Introduction.
- Potential problems with ‘front-loading’ the model, definitions, explanations.
- Blending, Protectors
2:15 PM -2:45 PM: Dimensions of Internal Experience
- Visual-Kinisthetic-Auditory (NLP 4-tuple), BASK, SIBAM,
- Direct Access, 6F’s, protector concerns
- Where are the C’s and P’s?
2:45 PM -3:00 PM: 15 minute break.
3:00 PM -3:30 PM: ‘Shift Work:’ Outside to IN
- Finding the energy, tracking energy
- Then & there v. here & now
3:30 PM -4:00 PM: Back-Filling Concepts of Model
- experience first, then naming the experience
- examples; intention, protection, Self(-Presence), Part(s), Blend/Unblend
4:00 PM -4:45 PM: Practice Exercise:
- using language, shifting attention to elements of internal experience, back-filling concepts of model with role-playing partner
4:45 PM -5:00 PM: Wrap-up, Q&A, Evaluations.